Residents in unincorporated Lake County have both Residential Curbside Collection of household garbage and recycling and Drop-off service available to them. All residents in the unincorporated area must pay the County solid waste collection and disposal fee on their tax bill. For more information, call customer service at (352) 343-3776.
Residential Garbage Collection & Recycling Services Brochure
Residential Collection includes:
- Household Garbage –- Solid waste must be enclosed in secure container (32 gallon or less) weighing no more than 50 pounds and placed within 3 feet of the curb or edge of the road no later than 6 a.m. on the designated pick-up day. NO construction or demolition debris such as fencing, floor tiles, etc., is allowed curbside.
- Yard Waste – Material must be bagged, bundled or placed in an easy to handle container and weigh no more than 50 pounds. Limbs and branches must be tied in bundles weighing no more than 50 pounds, be no longer than 4 feet in length with limbs no greater than 6 inches in diameter.
- Appliances and Furniture – Residents should call their designated
hauler to schedule a pick-up. Appliances and furniture should be placed at the curb for pick-up by the hauler. Residents are encouraged to call charities for reuse of these items.
- Recyclable Items - Please see the
recycling page for a list of items that may be placed in your curbside recycling bins and instructions for each type of item. New customers may pick up recycling bins at the Department of Environmental Utilities Administration Offices, located at the Lake County Landfill or call their to have a bin delivered.
Residential Collection Does NOT Include:
Items for Drop-Off Service
Any resident in Lake County may dispose of items at the . Household items brought for recycling are accepted at no charge. For questions regarding items accepted or disposal fees, call (352) 343-3776.
In addition to the items listed above, drop-off locations accept:
- Office Paper
- Electronic waste (computers, televisions, CD Players, etc)
- Household hazardous waste
Bulk Pick-up Service
Bulk pickup service of 3 cubic yards per setout is available for residents in the unincorporated area who pay for curbside collection service. This service is included with the collection fee. There is an unlimited amount of pickups per year. The items accepted are furniture, appliances and other large household items. Residents should notify the directly for service. The haulers have 72 hours (excluding Sunday or holiday) to fulfill the request. If the hauler does not respond, call customer service at (352) 253-1672.